Last week: Vague promises of unspecified improvements in the distant future by EQAL.
This week: The Last Link Fix v15 by Renegade.
- Added Smiley/BBCode selection box
- Added ability to permanently switch to either the The Last or The Resistance theme
- Removed superfluous "(LG15: The Last)" in episode titles
- Added automatic image resizing on the boards
- Fixed videos overlaying user profile/navigation bar problem
- Replaced dashboard-image with a The Last-themed one
- Centered The Last's wide videos
While this version has been extensively tested to ensure it works, part of the way to it was extensive refactoring of the underlying code - as of the time of this writing, no bugs are known, but if you find something weird happening, please mention it in the comments below or in the script discussion section.
As v14 before it, v15 comes with additional urls for the exclusion list. Unfortunately, the exclusion list is usually not updated when the script is simply overwritten. There are two possible ways to update it:
- Simply uninstall the old version beforehand (right-click on the monkey -> manage user scripts -> select the script in the list to the left -> click "uninstall" at the bottom) and then install the new version.
- Or, alternatively, update the list yourself: Right-click on the monkey -> manage user scripts -> select the script in the list to the left; in the right half (you may have to resize the window), click the lower "Add" button, and add any of the following urls that are missing in your list:
If you do not do either of these steps, the script will still work fine, your LG15, Resistance and KM sections will just look a little funky at times - so technically, if you don't care about that, you could just skip this step.
Not recommended, though.
I have finally entered the script into the Greasemonkey script database at userscripts.org. I have also turned the version number of the script at the bottom of each page into a link to the script's profile - that way, you can always check right there whether there was a recent update to the script, and post all issues at one central point.
Should Greasemonkey not offer to overwrite the old version due to the changed filename, simply uninstall the older version.
And now, after all the talking:
Click here to download v15 from UserScripts.org
Please post feedback in the comments below or in the script discussion section..
For those new to it, here's a repetition of the installation steps:
- If you're among the few not using Firefox 3 yet, you can get it here.
- Install Greasemonkey from here.
- Install the Link Fix from here.
Should Greasemonkey not step in and ask to install the file, in Firefox's File menu, click Open File (hotkey Ctrl+O), browse to where you saved the file, and open it. You should see some code and a bar should appear, allowing you to install the script.
If you're running Safari, modelmotion has found this solution which allows you to run the script in Safari - according to the bot, it's running just fine!
You can deactivate the script at any time (right-click the monkey in the lower right corner, uncheck the Link Fix), deinstall the script, or deinstall Greasemonkey. In all three cases, the site will be back to normal as soon as you refresh.