Saturday, December 14, 2013
China has landed the first rover on the moon in 37 years, since the height of the space race, with its Jade Rabbit Lunar Rover, or Chang'e 3 (嫦娥3號). This is also the first soft landing of a spacecraft on the lunar surface in nearly four decades, making it a significant step in the country's ambitious space programme which plans to send a manned mission to the moon by 2030.
Chinese scientists are hoping to gather valuable information on lunar soil from this rover, which contains some of the most advanced robotics ever developed in china. Meanwhile, the Chinese Lunar Exploration Program will use the overall mission specs itself to see how to make an ideal manned moon landing in the coming decades.
Ouyang Ziyuan, a prominent Chinese geologist and cosmochemist, was among the first people to advocate the exploitation not only of known lunar reserves of metals such as iron, but also of lunar helium-3, an ideal fuel for future nuclear fusion power plants. Therefore the science, engineering and industry base in China have a strong incentive to explore and colonise the moon.
The sixth new episode of Broken At Love Season 2 (and 14th of the series) is here.
Episode #14: "Taken to the Woodshed" is an entirely female driven episode. Starring Karolina Sivas, Co-Starring Carly Reeves, and Guest Starring Tobie Elizabeth Easton, Kelsey Long, Myiea Coy, Rachel Wilde, and Thia Schuessler.
Posted by Brown-Eyed Girl Productions at 2:00 PM
Friday, December 13, 2013
Thursday, December 12, 2013
Your mid-season finale is our proudest achievement. It's Out With Dad as you've never seen it before. Rose may be down but Claire has a cure for that.
Wednesday, December 11, 2013
Days since the events of the previous episodes, and something is different at school... soon Rose is mortified to discover she has become suddenly famous. But it's Vanessa's life that is really falling apart. No best friend, no girlfriend and parents who refuse to let her be herself. What do you think Vanessa is going to do next?
ENGLISHMAN IN L.A PREMIERES JANUARY 7TH 2014.
CHECK OUT THE TRAILER HERE:
Englishman In L.A follows the story of British Author, Tom Dingle, who comes to Los Angeles to promote his best-selling romance novel, only to be swallowed up by "the biz" when his book is threatened to become a Hollywood cliche movie. The Series stars Cameron Moir (Non-Stop), Ashley Fink (Glee) and Eddie Jemison (Ocean's 11,12,13). Be sure to Subscribe!
Tuesday, December 10, 2013
The night of "Dining In & Out" and "Storming In & Out" continues when Rose and Claire decide to escape the messy real world by going to the movies. Nothing says escape like the swashbuckling adventures of Pete Winning and the Pirates.
Also, Season One is finally done...no really this time. I mean it. The finale aired in November, and we have been doing the mad dash to get the box sets out for the holidays. We have recorded behind the scenes interviews, cast commentary, added music videos and family trees for the characters in the show. 4 dual layer discs stuffed full of content! And we created limited edition posters to go out with the DVDs. You can check out the DVDs on our site.
To all of our fellow web series creators and web series fans, Happy Holidays!
"In the cathedral of the wild, we get to see the best parts of ourselves reflected back to us." Boyd Varty, a wildlife activist, shares stories of animals, humans and their interrelatedness, or "ubuntu" -- defined as, "I am, because of you." And he dedicates the talk to South African leader Nelson Mandela, the human embodiment of that same great-hearted, generous spirit.
Monday, December 9, 2013
Picking up right when we left off in "Dining In & Out", is "Storming In & Out". Rose and Claire's evening has turned out to be a bit more dramatic than they bargained for. Surprisingly for Rose, the drama doesn't stop when she gets home. What do you think of Nathan's reaction to Rose's request?
This article was published by Jeremy Campbell who's Founder and President of the collaborative freelancing website specifically for video and film projects, Spidvid.
I do my best to read a book a month, and it's something I really enjoy doing. The book I recently read is called Contagious by Jonah Berger. In Jonah's very well written book he articulates 6 principles, or STEPPS as he calls them, which cause things to be talked about, shared, and even imitated.
I'm going to do my best to apply the 6 principles to the web series space below. Be sure to buy and read the book too as it is truly an incredible product with many interesting insights. 4.4 stars out of 5 on Amazon certainly doesn't lie!
1. Social Currency - How does it make viewers look to share or talk about your web series? People like to share cool content with their friends, family, followers, and fans to build credibility and influence. Or in today's world, "social currency."
2. Triggers - Create shows that stimulate viewers enough to think about them in social environments. When a video can trigger something in someone's mind, that's huge because your video has made a memorable impression, which can lead to it being organically shared. Make sure that your Episode 1 totally kicks ass!
3. Emotion - How can we create shows that make people feel something? Emotional content often gets shared. Videos must make viewers feel something in their gut, often negative emotion trumps positive emotion. Just watch your evening news, there's a reason you see more bad stories than good unfortunately.
4. Public - Can others see what you're watching while online? Most of the time the answer is likely no, unless you are killing time at work, or perhaps on your iPad at school. But for the most part, we tend to watch videos on our computers alone. If you create episodic content that is being watched in groups, this can be an amazing thing to generate conversation around your content.
5. Practical Value - If you can create shows which add some sort of value to someone's life then good on you. I enjoy creating how-to cooking videos with my girlfriend, and collaborating with other creative talent. I have received many comments, tweets, and emails thanking my team and I for helping viewers discover new delicious recipes which they go onto make and love. That's very rewarding, and generates plenty of positive word of mouth/mouse too. I have embedded one of my favorite episodes below, How To Make Chicken Enchiladas. Click the play button to watch the video, but I warn you not to watch while hungry!
6. Stories - Viewers don't just share information or entertainment, they tell and share stories which resonate with them personally or professionally. Storytelling helps to break through the clutter, and captures the essence of a meaningful connection to viewers. We tend not to remember stats and most details so well, but stories can travel with us for years, or in some cases last a lifetime.
I'll be honest, I haven't re-read many books, but Contagious could be one of those that I pick back up in 5 or 10 years from now, it's that good. Thanks Jonah for writing a compelling story that I'm motivated to and passionate about sharing here on Web Series Today!
It's the big controversy. Who will the next super villain be on Batman vs. Superman? With Wonder Woman in the mix, things just got a whole lot harder.
More behind the scenes fun as the gang from Chad Media shoots their first video for their very first major sponsor! But is the set haunted? Watch the footage we found and judge for yourself!
Sunday, December 8, 2013
All families are strange in their own way. Now, it's time for Rose to meet Claire's. Meanwhile, Angela has been understanding until now with Nathan's dating failures but how will she deal with his latest, most serious, misstep? Both Rose and Nathan explore the challenges of dating in "Dining In & Out"
Posted by modelmotion at 10:05 PM
Read the full story: