Three years ago today, August 3, 2007, Bree Avery was killed in the Season 1 finale of Lonelygirl15.
The fact that it was three years ago (an Era in Internet Time) is highlighted by the fact that the finale was featured (as an exclusive for the 1st day) on "myspace", a formerly popular social networking site you may remember.
Among other highlights, the first "12 in 12" featured a rollicking car chase and crash in the 3rd video of the day.
- LG15 Season One Finale on LGPedia
- Lg15.com comment board for Part 12
- Old lg15.com forum page currently containing most finale discussion threads (and more here)
- Original discussion threads for finale episodes on Anchor Cove
- Final episode of the 12 in 12 on myspace
A few of the early comments to the final 12 in 12 installment from the lg15.com forum.
- Maccadole: "I can't believe it's over. As I listened I got a flashback of her from her first few videos... God, I can't believe she's gone."
- -R-: "I think I'm gonna throw up. Why? Why, Bree? You could have won!"
- kellylen: "omg I havent cried this hard in months. maybe even in a year. her voicemail just made me cry so much."
- mommydiva: "I literally feel sick to my stomach. Although I have not participated in the forums much.. I have been a loyal LG15 fan since the beginning. I hate that I became so attached to it. God I think I am going to need a flipping therapist. I am crying like a family member died. I just can't believe this...."
- tricky-ticky-tavi: "I think today was great....a ton of fun in chat and it was great to see everyone there. That being said, Bree being gone is awful. I felt like she was leaving, but to see it - it was just sad. Things won't be the same here. No matter what comes next, this is lonelygirl15 without the lonelygirl."